Emergency Dentist, Austin, TX
Emergency Dentistry Austin TX
In any of the following cases of dental emergencies, see a dentist as soon as possible. Common dental emergencies include:
Dental emergencies can be serious problems that require immediate attention. Do not hesitate Call Us Today! at (512)-777-4255
– An aching tooth might seem like a temporary problem, but when the pain doesn’t go away, it could be a sign of severe damage or infection. You should arrange to see your dentist as soon as possible to uncover the source of the pain. In the meantime, rinsing the site with warm water, removing any food particles from the area, and applying a cold compress to the cheek can assist with pain management and swelling.
– If you chip or break a tooth, save any pieces you can, and use warm water to rinse the mouth of any broken pieces. Gauze may be applied to the injury for 10 minutes if any bleeding occurs. If 10 minutes is not sufficient to stop the bleeding, apply pressure until the bleeding stops, changing the gauze pads as needed. Apply ice or a cold compress near the damaged tooth to reduce swelling and manage pain.
Loose Or Missing Teeth
– If a tooth is knocked out, hold it on the crown side (the section that shows above the gum line), and gently rinse the tooth root with water. Do not remove any lingering fragments, but do place the tooth in a small container of milk, water mixed with a pinch of salt, or a specialized product which contains cell growth medium. Arrange to see a dentist as soon as possible. You greatly increase the odds of returning the tooth to its original socket if treated within an hour of it falling out. For a tooth that is partially dislodged, touch the affected area as little as possible. A cold compress may be gently applied to the outside of the mouth if needed until professional dental help can be received.
Lost Filling Or Crown
– If a filling is lost, a piece of sugarless gum or over-the-counter dental cement may be placed into the cavity as a temporary seal. If a crown is lost, place the crown in zipped bag or sealed container and bring it with you to the dentist. A cotton swab treated with a hint of clove oil may be applied to the site of pain for temporary relief. If the crown can be placed back over the tooth before your visit, use a dental adhesive such as toothpaste, denture adhesive, or dental cement, but be sure to only use products that are approved for oral use.
Objects Jammed Between Teeth
– If an object, such as food particles, are lodged between teeth and causing pain, first try using floss to gently pry the object loose. If this fails, see the dentist immediately. Do not scratch at the gums or teeth with sharp or pointed objects as this may worsen damage.
– Soft-tissue injuries include damage to the tongue, gums, cheeks, or lips which results in pain or bleeding. Stop bleeding with a mild saltwater solution, hold gauze to the area until bleeding ends, or use a cold compress on the outside of the mouth to reduce swelling. If bleeding continues and a dentist is unavailable, visit the hospital emergency room.
– Damaged teeth, which may already have contaminants or contain cavities in which bacteria can thrive, are prone to infection or further infection. Abscess are infections found near the root of a tooth. They may also occur between teeth and gums. Left untreated, an abscess may damage tissue and other teeth. Infections may also spread beyond the mouth. Symptoms of an abscess include a pimple-like swelling on the gum. A mild saltwater solution may be used to relieve some pain.
Dental emergencies can be serious problems that require immediate attention. If you are experiencing a dental emergency, contact our office right away and we will fit you in immediately
I’ve never been one to enjoy going to the dentist but I had such an awesome experience with Dr. Michael Le!! He is super easy to talk to and doesn’t pressure you/ make you feel awkward! So happy I found Elite Dentistry. 🙂
The name says it all. Elite Dentistry truly is the most Elite dentist office in Austin, and the best that I’ve ever been too. The staff is amazing and super courteous,prices are insanely fair and competitive, and Dr. Bowser is the only dentist I trust with my teeth. If you need a new dentist or a change from your current, DEFINITELY use Elite Dentistry!
I just had my first consult with Dr. Michael Le. Very friendly staff. If you are cold in his office be sure ask for a blanket. It was warm, soft and comfortable. Looking forward to following my treatment plan. Thank you Elite Dentistry for accepting me as a new patient. It is nice to have a great dentist close to home.
Elite Dentistry is a fantastic dental clinic that makes you feel comfortable from the moment you walk in the door. Their service is outstanding and the staff is superb. The work they perform is life changing. If you want a dentist who is passionate about what they do, competitive in price, and who doesn’t skip quality this is your place. If you take the opportunity visit Elite Dentistry you will be impressed.
Dr. Le and the entire staff at Elite Dentistry are fantastic. I was recently told by another dentist that I needed to have two crowns replaced with dental implants. After reading so many great reviews online (including my insurance’s website), I went to see Dr. Le. After a comprehensive analysis, Dr. Le explained that we could replace my current crowns and keep my natural teeth, which is always the ultimate goal.